Though I have been to Fun World a couple of times, I’ve never had the urge to try out Snow City, which is right next to it. Thanks to my 6.10 year old daughter and her classmates, we finally went there, along with my 2.9 year old son. We weren’t really equipped for it because we weren’t lucky to get a first-hand review from anyone. Therefore, I thought of putting down a list so that we, or whoever visits next, can be prepared for the cold and other things. Also, Instagram did not let me write so much!
First off, Snow City is a lovely place for a bunch of friends who want to have some indoor fun in the -5˚C temperature amidst Bangalore’s latest summer heat. If you have no plans to travel to a colder place, this is the best place to enjoy 45 minutes of the icy environment within the summer season. I saw all ages present there; 2 years to probably 55 years.
You can buy tickets online from their website or any booking portals. There’s a huge snow slide, a rock climbing wall and several places to take pictures. I didn’t find any other ride as mentioned online. Generally, the girls will love the enormous snow castle and the boys will love throwing snow balls at each other. It’s pretty well done and well kept. They also have a 9D theatre that we enjoyed to the maximum.
The free gear they give there, as a compulsion, includes waterproof fleece jacket with hood, transparent plastic rain boots and rexine gloves without fleece. The boots and gloves are not appropriate for those temperatures so, please see below and get ready to enjoy playing in the snow, anyway!
1. COVER UP: Make sure your kids are well covered with winter gloves, thick socks, long cargo pants/denims and full sleeves shirt/top before going there. They can wear the given gear over and above all this. They didn’t have gloves to fit my 2.9 year old, so every time he picked some ice, his gloves would fall off. It would have been better if he had his own tiny gloves to keep his hands warm. Also, if you have weak ears, do make sure to wear a woollen cap though the jacket given there has a fixed hood. I survived without putting my hood on, but some people would need extra padding to cover up their ears.
2. FILL UP: Make sure your kids are well fed an hour before this play so they will not get hungry within the 45 minutes you have inside and they won’t puke while jumping around. After you are done, there is a canteen right outside the snow area, where you can buy mediocre junk food, just in case you cannot control your hunger. You cannot go back into the snow area after this.
3. PHOTOGRAPHY: You can take your mobile or camera in the snow area for a fee of Rs. 50/-, at your own risk. I saw the sign when I was almost entering the area and our bags were taken to be kept back in the car, so you can imagine what I was going through because I could not click pictures inside.
4. LIMITED LOCKERS: There are limited lockers available for a fee of Rs. 50/- for two hours, so try and take only required things. This is the time you can make use of your zipped pockets. You may have to carry your money, ticket, ID card and glasses (for the 9D movie) inside and leave the extras back in the car/home. Don’t even bother carrying a bag there, just in case there is no available locker.
5. 9D MOVIE EXPERIENCE: The 15 minutes movie runs every hour from morning till evening. The experience is awesome, but if your kids cannot handle sudden bursts of water, then avoid it. My 6.10 year old had a ball of a time while my 2.9 year old was terrified.
On the whole it was a good experience. If I go there again, I will surely have better pictures included. Till then, enjoy and do let me know if I should add anything else to the list. How are you spending your summer holidays? Have you been to the Snow City in Bangalore?